The Vertical Pump Motor Manifold with Diagnostics (VPMM-D) Upgrade replaces most of
the major components of the existing GE high-pressure fluid system. These include:
- Hydraulic Fluid Pumps (2)
- Motors (2)
- Pump Discharge Filters with built-in pressure switches (2)
- Air Bleed Valves (2)
- Pump Discharge Relief Valves (2)
- Pump Discharge Check Valves (2)
- Space Heaters and Controller (2)
- Pump Running Pressure Switches and Pressure Gauges
In other words everything from the reservoir to the main distribution manifold is replaced.
The upgrade consists of two independent assemblies, which include the following items:
- 1800 rpm, 440VAC Motor
- Variable flow, constant pressure, piston hydraulic fluid pump
- The pump is connected to the motor in a vertical direction, which positions the pump
below the fluid level (flooded suction).
- Ball type inlet isolation valve with locking kit
- Special pump/motor/manifold mounting assembly which incorporates all of the following
devices in one compact, easy to access location:
- Pump discharge relief valve
- Three micron, beta 200 stainless steel pump discharge filter with built in differential pressure indication
- Pump Discharge check valve
- Pump Discharge ball type isolation valve with locking kit
- Pump Discharge flow indication
- Pump Casing Drain flow indication
- Pump Running Pressure indication with built in alarm
- Six Pad type heaters with a heater controller including a new dual element RTD.
- Real Time Fluid Condition Monitor (moisture and particulates)
- All piping, flanges and fitting required to install the upgrade.
- Technical Manual in digital (pdf) form. The manual will include
all assembly, schematic and electrical drawing relating to the VPMM-D
- HMI Enclosure that provides digital indication of all monitored variables (includes
Ethernet/Modbus connection for remote signals)
The variables being monitored on the VPMM-D package include
- Pump Discharge Flow (gpm)-this indicates the health of the hydraulic fluid system
downstream of the pumps.
- Pump Casing Drain Flow (gpm)-this indicates the health of the pump.
- Pump Discharge Pressure before and after the Discharge Filter (psig)-this indicates the
condition of the discharge filter in addition to providing information on the condition of
- Real time fluid condition analysis including reservoir temperature, moisture content of the
fluid and particulate levels in the fluid.
- The VPMM-D diagnostic signals are sent to a single HMI display that is located in an
electrical enclosure which is mounted in the general area of the hydraulic power unit
(HPU), Located within the electrical enclosure is an Ethernet/Modbus connection which
provides a digital signal of all of the above diagnostics which can be transmitted to the
control room for data logging, trending and archival purposes.
The VPMM/D is provided with our standard 24-month manufacturer’s warrantee.